On behalf of IEEE, the trusted “voice” for engineering, computing, and technology information around the globe, invites you to the 2018 IEEE Young Professionals Pacific Northwest Leadership Summit happening on August 3rd to 5th at the Hotel Element Vancouver Metrotown.
This Leadership Summit aims to provide a 1-Day event where young professionals assemble to expand borders and foster growth with relevant activities and discussions to: Inspire, Enable, Empower, and Engage YPs.
The three pillars of the 2018 PNW YP Conference are:
- Professional Development
- Continuing Education
About IEEE Young Professionals:
The IEEE Young Professionals is an international community of innovative members and volunteers. Members of this community are interested in elevating their professional image, expanding their global network, connecting with peers locally and giving back to the community.
- August 3rd:
- 6:30 PM – 9:00 PM: Summit Reception and Dinner
- August 4th:
- 08:00 – 08:15 AM: Registration
- 08:15 – 08:30 AM: Opening Remarks by Bob Gill (IEEE Vancouver Vice-Chair)
- 08:30 – 09:15 AM: Keynote Speaker - Kathleen Kramer (IEEE Western USA Director)
- 09:15 – 10:00 AM: Young Professionals and Self-Leadership by Rybo Chen (SAP Vancouver)
- 10:00 – 10:15 AM: Coffee Break
- 10:15 – 11:00 AM: Discussion Panel: Leadership and Mentoring Young Professionals by Rybo Chen (SAP Vancouver) and Yasamin Houshman (SAP Vancouver), Srishti Yadav (SFU Engineering School)
- 11:00 – 11:45 AM: IEEE YP Southern Alberta Exemplary Events and Humanitarian Activities by Anis Ben Arfi (iRadio Lab, IEEE Southern Alberta YP)
- 12:00 – 01:30 PM: Lunch
- 01:30 – 02:15 PM: Importance of Public Speaking to Young Professionals - Supun De Silva (IEEE Canada YP)
- 02:15 – 03:00 PM: Topic TBD by Katherine Golder (BCIT - Technical Communications Instructor)
- 03:00 – 03:45 PM: Breakout sessions: “Reflection & Action”
- 03:45 – 04:00 PM: Ending Remarks and Adjourn by Maike Luiken (IEEE Canada President)
- August 5th:
- 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM: Summit Closing Event